When a person begins their search for a senior living community they often first look toward location, the availability of health services and whether the community fits within their budget. These are all important considerations, but we also encourage you to think about lifestyle.
We know that services and amenities play a significant role in your happiness and health. We encourage older adults to take a close look at the events and activities available at a senior living community to ensure they are in line with your interests and desires.
What Matters Most to You?
We encourage those who are considering living at Friendship Village of South Hills to think about what matters most to them. What gives your life purpose? What hobbies do you enjoy?
A senior living community’s services and amenities include things like events and activities, as well as fitness and wellness programming. It also includes the physical spaces where you can enjoy some of your favorite hobbies or pursuits, whether you are a foodie or a golf expert.
Oftentimes, the type of services and amenities you care about and the quality of those options can be the deciding factor on whether or not you choose one community over another. Don’t hesitate to ask questions about services and amenities when evaluating a community.
Questions to Ask About Services & Amenities
While expectations for services and amenities vary, we have compiled a list of questions you feel comfortable asking any senior living community, including Friendship Village at South Hills.
Potential services and amenities questions to ask a senior living community include:
- What services do you offer that make you stand out from other communities?
- What amenities are most popular with residents? What amenities are you most proud of?
- How would you describe the dining experience? Are there varied meal options for residents with dietary restrictions? How often does the menu change?
- What social activities does your community offer? Is there an activities calendar?
- What educational opportunities does your community offer?
- What recreational and wellness activities does your community offer?
- What are some nearby recreational opportunities? Do you offer transportation?
- What are some nearby entertainment options? Do you offer transportation?
- What sort of transportation is available and how frequently is it offered?
- What is your pet policy? Do you offer any special amenities for pets?
Most communities will even let you try out some of their services and amenities for yourself, within reason. For instance, ask if you can have a meal at one of the dining facilities. Or check the entertainment calendar and ask if you can participate in or observe one of the activities.
Personalized Services & Amenities at Friendship Village
Friendship Village of South Hills provides a generous amount of services and amenities, even for a continuing care retirement community. Some of the services we take pride in offering include:
- Concierge and valet service
- Scheduled transportation for medical appointments and events
- Emergency call system and 24-hour security
- Weekly housekeeping and flat linen service
- Full-time chaplain and weekly interdenominational services
- All maintenance and landscaping
Our talented team at Friendship Village of South Hills works hard to keep residents of all different backgrounds and preferences healthy, active and entertained. From garden enthusiasts to wine connoisseurs, our residents can pursue the hobbies they love. Popular amenities include:
- Open dining concept with kitchen action views
- Additional food and beverage amenities include a wine bar and piano lounge, Atrium Cafe with patio dining and a sports pub where residents can catch a game
- Fitness center with on-site personal trainer
- Access to neighboring golf course
- Community garden and personal garden areas
- Performing arts center
- Billiards room and a bocce court
- Salon and barbershop
- Grab-and-go convenience center
- Complimentary morning coffee
In addition to all of our services, amenities and spaces, residents at Friendship Village of South Hills can enjoy a full calendar of cultural, social, educational and recreational opportunities.
Pursue Your Hobbies at Friendship Village of South Hills
At Friendship Village of South Hills, our mission is to help our residents live as independently as possible for as long as possible. We also empower residents to be able to continue enjoying their favorite hobbies or even learn something new! We believe this is the key to health and happiness. That is why we are always seeking out fresh ways to keep our residents active and entertained.
Want to learn more about the services and amenities available at Friendship Village of South Hills? Contact us to schedule a visit and we will gladly show you around!