You’ve entered an exciting time in your life. Finally, you can focus on the things you’ve been putting off. Things like taking a class, learning a new skill, spending more time with family or fulfilling a dream. This is your time, and it’s time for what comes next.
While you have many choices for independent senior living in Pittsburgh, PA, Friendship Village in Upper St. Clair is a one-of-a-kind, vibrant, engaging and down-to-earth community. Here, people like you are discovering their “next” every day and, along with the peace of mind they get from Life Care, they’re enjoying the maintenance-free lifestyle, helpful services and thoughtfully chosen amenities that make independent living in the Pittsburgh area easier, more convenient and more fun.
To learn more about Friendship Village and independent senior living in Pittsburgh, PA, simply complete the form on this page.
Explore a sampling of our independent living floor plans.
Convenient Community Services
- Scheduled transportation for medical appointments and events
- Concierge and valet
- Weekly housekeeping and flat linen service
- Full-time chaplain and weekly interdenominational services
- All maintenance and landscaping
- Emergency call system and 24-hour security
Thoughtful Community Amenities
- Open dining concept with kitchen action views
- Sports pub
- Atrium Café with patio dining
- Wine bar and piano lounge
- Grab-and-go convenience center
- Complimentary morning coffee
- Convenience and gift store
- Fitness center and personal trainer
- Access to neighboring golf course
- Performing arts center
- Library and computer lab
- Art studio
- Community garden and personal garden areas
- Billiards room
- Bocce court
- Free Wi-Fi in shared common spaces
- Full calendar of cultural, social, educational and recreational opportunities
- All utilities, including digital cable package
- Individual heating and air conditioning controls
- Complete kitchen
- Outdoor living space with each apartment and carriage home
- Salon and barbershop
An entrance fee is an upfront sum to help cover community operating expenses and prepay some of the costs that come with offering access to continuing care for life. It also ensures priority access to additional levels of health care, in case you ever need it. Your entrance fee is based on the size of residence you choose and the number of occupants.
The independent living monthly service fees vary based on the size of your residence and the number of occupants. This comprehensive fee covers a variety of services and amenities, including your meal plan, maintenance, housekeeping, utilities, scheduled transportation, concierge services, fitness center, activities and events, and much more.
You may choose Lifespace Personal Care Services, which offers trained, vetted caregivers who provide assistance with activities of daily living, companionship, cooking, light housekeeping, transportation and more. This is a separate expense outside your monthly fees.
Pets are permitted in all independent living residences at Friendship Village of South Hills. When you visit, please speak with a team member to find out more.