When you’ve been sidelined by an illness, injury or surgery, it can be difficult to bounce back. At Friendship Village’s senior rehabilitation center in the Upper St. Clair area of Pittsburgh, PA, our teams provide short-term rehabilitation with the right mix of physical, occupational and speech therapies to help maximize your resilience, speed your recovery, and reduce the chance of relapse or hospital readmission. As with all our health care services, your care and rehabilitation plan will be customized to your needs, setting goals and strategies for implementation.
Short-stay admission to our senior rehabilitation center is available on a direct-entry basis, and all residents enjoy full access to our wide array of services and amenities.
To learn more about short-term rehabilitation at Friendship Village of South Hills in Allegheny County, simply complete the form on this page.
- Physiatrist who coordinates with therapy team and your physician
- Registered physicians, nurses and nurse practitioner services available on-site
- Social worker and dietitian available on-site
- Variety of diagnostic and therapy services available on-site
- Restorative therapy to help maintain independence
- Joint replacement therapy
- Antibiotic and pain management
- Healthy lifestyle programming
- Laundry and housekeeping services
- Salon and barber services
- Garden pavilion and seating
- Family meeting room
Each person receives an individualized treatment plan based on rehabilitation needs, physician orders and therapist recommendations. We’ll provide the most appropriate services as recommended by your therapy team after admission.
It’s similar in that it helps restore strength and mobility. However, occupational therapy focuses on helping people improve their ability to perform daily tasks by modifying the physical environment and using adaptive techniques and equipment to increase independence.
Prior to your discharge, a plan will be developed that determines any equipment needs and in-home services you may require.